Construction management responsibilities include:
- Providing “start to finish” oversight management and control of multiple capital projects and/or direct full management responsibility for some assigned projects, whether staffed by contracted personnel, in-house staff, and/or constructions teams composed of both internal and external staff.
- Administering and enforcing relevant construction contracts and documentation to assure adherence to scope, budget, and scheduling.
- Verifying individual project milestones and specific goals; tracking and objectively evaluating progress toward goals; and when necessary, implementing appropriate remedial solutions.
- Coordinating subcontractors.
- Overseeing, managing and controlling construction schedules and associated costs to achieve project completions within schedule parameters and allocated monies.
- Reviewing contracted projects to confirm and verify adherence to specifications.
- Communicating all relevant information associated with the progress of assigned construction projects.
- Reviewing, evaluating and advising on the completion status and results of assigned projects.
- Participating in construction project review presentations to senior University officials, when requested.