Environmental Health & Radiation Safety
Our Mission Statement
The Environmental Health and Radiation Safety (EHRS) department is committed to achieving and maintaining a safe and healthy environment that advances Temple’s excellence in education, research and health care. Towards this end, EHRS designs and implements programs in four core areas: biological safety, chemical safety, radiation safety and occupational safety. Specifically, EHRS:
- monitors, inspects and audits all research laboratories and patient delivery areas for safety and regulatory compliance;
- collects, inventories and disposes of radioactive and chemical hazardous wastes;
- performs occupational safety and compliance inspections and audits; and
- maintains the University/Health System radiation licensing.
In addition to these core programs, EHRS designs a variety of safety related training courses and provides hazardous materials related emergency response.
How Can We Help You?
Please take a few minutes to look around. Here are links for some of our more frequently requested services:
- Biological Waste Collection Request Form (for use on Temple University-Main Campus only)
- Weekly Eyewash or Shower Check Sheet (updated for 2024)
- Weekly Drench Hose Check Sheet (updated for 2024)
- Chemical Waste Pickup Request Form
- Radioactive Waste Pickup Request Form
- Equipment Clearance Form
- Shipping of Dangerous Goods Notification Form
- EHRS Reference Guide for Principal Investigators
- Laboratory Registration Form