Units requesting additional space or reassignment of space from one unit to another must submit a Space Request Form in TUmarketplace. The form can be found in the Forms tab under Organization forms.
The following information must be included with your request:
- The full unit name and the name, email address, phone number and location of the contact person for the request
- A description of the function/mission of the requesting unit
- The requesting unit’s current space allocation
- A detailed justification for the request
- The funding available for required renovations and associated cost to fulfill the request
- Requests that are time sensitive should be noted as such on the Space Request Form
The completed Space Request Form will route through the requesting unit's workflow approval process within TUmarketplace. Upon receipt, the Director of FIRM will review each request and develop recommendations for consideration by the applicable Temple executives. We will inform the requesting unit of the decision to (1) approve the request and assign additional space to the requesting unit; (2) reject the request; or (3) table the request for future consideration.
Any changes to existing space should be communicated to FIRM, which can then make updates to the University space inventory accordingly.
In accordance with the Approval of Capital Expenditures policy (04.32.01), projects with capital costs exceeding $100,000 require completion of the Capital Expenditure Request form and approval by the President; and projects costing over $500,000 require approval by the Facilities Committee of the Board of Trustees and the Board itself. At the request of the President, the reassignment or reclassification of space may be made as necessary in accordance with strategic planning, pedagogical needs and/or appropriate business plans.