The Office of the Fire Marshal strives to deliver quality professional services to assure a safe environment for the entire University Community. The Fire Marshal is charged with the prevention, discovery, and correction of safety hazards across all campuses.
Principal Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintain required certification of all fire protection systems fixed and portable
- Conduct building inspections for fire and occupational hazards
- Serve as the liaison with local building and fire inspectors
- Investigate all causes of fire and odor complaints
- Administer the Emergency Action Plan
- Maintain the Dormitory Fire Log
- Coordinate all elevator safety, modernization, and maintenance
- Asbestos identification, control and abatement
- Ensure that the University is in compliance with all local fire codes
- Conduct fire safety training
- Conduct fire drills
- Administer evacuation procedures
- Administer the Fire Prevention Plan
Visit the Crime Report section of the Temple University Public Information page for a copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.
7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday.
Richard Box, University Fire Marshal (Main Campus): 215-204-8687
Matt Horton, University Fire Marshal (Health Sciences Center): 215-707-0797
For contact during weekends or non-business hours: 215-204-1234