Welcome to EHRS! How Can We Help You?
Please take a few minutes to look around. Here are links for some of our more frequently requested services:
- Biological Waste Collection Request Form (for use on Temple University-Main Campus only)
- Weekly Eyewash or Shower Check Sheet (updated for 2022)
- Weekly Drench Hose Check Sheet (updated for 2022)
- Chemical Waste Pickup Request Form
- Radioactive Waste Pickup Request Form
- Equipment Clearance Form
- Shipping of Dangerous Goods Notification Form
- EHRS Reference Guide for Principal Investigators
- Laboratory Registration Form
September 7, 2022 at 3:30 PM: Our online training system is running and available.
New system instructions can be found here.
If you cannot access the EHRS Online Training, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
EHRS now offers Initial Bloodborne Pathogen, Shipping of Dangerous Goods, and CEMS training classes through Zoom. Click here to see the complete schedule and more information.
New Chemical Inventory System Training Annoucement
- At least one person (Chemical Owner or representative) from the lab/chemical storage area must attend training.
- Beury Hall and Temple University Health System personnel: DO NOT REGISTER RIGHT NOW. Additional trainings for you will be scheduled in November and December.
- Here is the schedule (REGISTRATION CLOSES 7 DAYS BEFORE SESSION):
- Monday, October 3 – 1 PM to 2:30 PM
- Wednesday, October 5 – 10 AM to 11:30 AM
- Tuesday, October 11 – 1 PM to 2:30 PM
- Thursday, October 13 – 10 AM to 11:30 AM
- Tuesday, October 18 – 10 AM to 11:30 AM
- Wednesday, October 19 – 1 PM to 2:30 PM
- Monday, October 24 – 10 AM to 11:30 AM
- Thursday, October 27 – 1 PM to 2:30 PM
- Chemical owners with additional personnel MUST complete the user registration form here to indicate who needs access to their inventory in the new system. NOTE: Sole chemical owners DO NOT need to complete the user registration form but MUST register for and attend training
Preparing Inventories for the New System:
- CEMS inventories will be uploaded into the new system.
- Inventory uploads begin 7 days before the registered session (i.e., if registered for the October 13 session, the CEMS inventory upload will take place on October 6). Any updates made to the inventory in CEMS after that date will not be reflected in the upload and will need to be made in the new system once given access.
- Annual evaluations must still be performed by December 31, 2022. If the annual evaluation is performed in CEMS before the inventory is uploaded, the inventory will be in compliance for 2022; otherwise, the new system must be used to complete the annual evaluation. Instructions will be provided at training.
- At least one person from a lab/chemical storage area must attend training for the inventory upload to occur. CEMS will be phased out by December 31, 2022; if training has not been completed by then the chemical inventory will no longer be in compliance.
For more information contact Ryan Kohler at email@example.com or by campus phone at 2-9282.
New Biohazardous Waste Management Policy
EHRS has released a new Biohazardous Waste Management policy. If you generate biohazardous waste, please click here to read the policy.
Attention Shippers of Dangerous Goods!
If you ship dangerous goods from Temple, please take a look at this page for a few important reminders.
Our Mission Statement
Environmental Health and Radiation Safety (EHRS) is committed to achieving and maintaining a safe and healthy environment that advances Temple’s excellence in education, research, and health care.