The COVID-19 pandemic remains a constantly evolving event. Keep checking this page as new information becomes available.
Minors, Visitors, and Volunteers
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, EHRS, Risk Management, and Human Resources suspended the approval process for minors to engage in research activities at Temple University. Additionally, visitor and volunteer work is suspended until further notice.
Hand Sanitizer Advisory
CDC recommendations for hand hygiene are to wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% ethyl alcohol (ethanol) or 70% isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol). Although hand sanitizers containing benzalkonium chloride are approved by the FDA, they are not recommended by the CDC as being effective against COVID-19. Please check the product label before purchasing. (8/20)
Clinical Area Safety
- Donning and Doffing of Personal Protective Equipment for Kornberg Dental School Infographic
- The type of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used at Temple University's Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry is based on the level of precautions: standard, contact, droplet, and airborne infection isolation. Procedures for donning and doffing have been tailored to the specific type of PPE used in dentistry.
- Respiratory Protection Program Fact Sheet
- While engineering and administrative controls are primary controls for infectious agents transmitted via the airborne route, the use of personal protective equipment (e.g., respiratory protection) is part of the strategies to protect healthcare professionals (HCP). Proper use of respiratory protection by HCP requires a comprehensive program (including medical clearance, training, and fit testing) that complies with Temple University's Respiratory Protection Program.
- Ergonomics for Telecommuters Fact Sheet
- People who work from home on computers have the same ergonomic needs as people who work in the office. This fact sheet is intended to help you make adjustments in your home "office" to make you comfortable.
- Types of Respirators and Face Coverings
- Respirators, masks, and face coverings each provide unique levels of protection. This chart breaks down the differences and will help you make sure you are using the equipment right for your situation.
- Biosafety Level Criteria for Using SARS-CoV-2 in Research Laboratories Fact Sheet
- Understand the levels of containment for laboratories working with SARS-CoV-2 or handling specimens obtained from COVID-19 patients.
- Guidelines for Restarting Laboratories
- EHRS recommends reviewing these guidelines as labs begin to reopen.
- Social Distancing Guidelines for Laboratories
Tyler School of Art & Architecture
- Guidelines for Restarting Studio Spaces
- EHRS recommends reviewing these guidelines as studio space begins to reopen.
- Social Distancing Guidelines for Tyler School of Art & Architecture
- Maintaining social distancing will be required when returning to Tyler School of Art & Architecture.